All research presented at IAS 2021 is embargoed. The policy specifies that while authors may publish the fact that their abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference programme, they may NOT share data from the abstract in any form (print, broadcast or online publication, media release or conference presentation) before its official release at IAS 2021.
As is the case with most scientific and medical conferences, IAS 2021 abstracts are released to delegates and media representatives under a strict embargo policy. A breakdown of the embargo policy for different types of abstracts is detailed below. All conference delegates, presenters and media agree to respect this policy.
- The embargo on abstracts featured in the official IAS 2021 press conference lift at the start of the press conference on Thursday, 15 July 2021, at 15:00 CEST.
- The embargo on all other abstracts, including e-posters, late breakers and on-demand and scheduled (live) oral abstract sessions, will lift on Saturday, 17 July 2021, at 12:00 (noon) CEST.
Embargo breaks by presenters
A conference committee will review any potential cases of embargo breaks by presenters. Embargo breaks by conference presenters may result in the removal of the abstract in question from the conference programme. This includes publication of the abstract data in a journal or public outlet before it is presented at the conference.
Please direct any questions or concerns about the conference embargo policy for presenters to the IAS 2021 Abstracts team at [email protected].
Embargo breaks by media
Journalists who receive embargoed information related to studies to be presented at IAS 2021 agree not to publish that information before the conference media embargo is lifted, regardless of the source or format of the information (slides, press release, abstract, interview). Violation of the embargo policy by a reporter will lead to one or more of the following measures:
- Suspension of the reporter’s media conference credentials
- Removal of the reporter’s name from the IAS media distribution list for two years
- Refusal of media credentials for upcoming IAS conferences.
Please direct any questions or concerns about the conference media embargo policy to the IAS 2021 Communications team at [email protected].